FAS Help Documents: Domain Transfers
Hosting Help: Transfer a Domain Name to Functional Art Solutions
The Domain Transfer Process
Please note Functional Art Solutions is a domain reseller/Partner of SRSplus®, an ICANN-accredited registrar and a reseller program of Network
Solutions. It is normal for some correspondence to contain the names SRSPlus or Network Solutions in addition to Functional Art Solutions.
- Step 1: Registrant Transfer Request
- The registrant submits a request to Functional Art Solutions with all their information required to fullfill the transfer request.
- Step 2: Functional Art Solutions submits the transfer request to SRSPlus for processing
- Functional Art Solutions formally submits the transfer request to SRSPlus for processing. Please note a transfer authorization number is required from the current registrar for .com, .net, and .org transfers. The transfer can not be submitted without this authorization number.
- Step 3: SRSPlus emails current domain admin contact for authorization
- SRSplus matches the current Administrative Contact and e-mail with the transferring registrant and sends an e-mail to the current Administrative Contact instructing him or her to confirm the transfer request at a secure transfer approval web page.
If no e-mail address for the current Administrative Contact can be found, the transfer request will be cancelled. If the request is cancelled, the transfer request is denied.
- Step 4: Current Administrative Contact Confirmation
- The current Administrative Contact can either (1) approve/confirm the transfer request, (2) deny or cancel the transfer request, or (3) not respond.
If the transfer confirmation request is denied or not approved within 7 days, the transfer request will be denied. Upon denial, Functional Art Solutions will be notified, and in turn we will notify the person requesting the transfer.
- Step 5: SRSplus Submission of the Transfer Request to the Registry
- If the transfer request is currently registered by a non-SRSplus Partner, upon confirmation by the current Administrative Contact, SRSplus submits the transfer request to the appropriate Registry.
If the transfer request is currently registered by another SRSplus Partner, upon confirmation by the current Administrative Contact, SRSplus submits the transfer request to the current registrar (i.e., proceed directly to Step 6)
- Step 6: Approval or Denial of the Transfer Request by the Current registrar
- Upon receipt of a transfer request, the current registrar has 5 days to approve or deny the request.
The current registrar can either (1) approve/confirm the transfer request, (2) deny the transfer request, or (3) not respond within 5 days of the transfer request.
If the transfer request is approved/confirmed or not responded to within 5 days, the domain name is transferred to Functional Art Solutions and the Functional Art Solutions is notified of the successful transfer, and we will notify the person requesting the transfer.
If the transfer request is denied, Functional Art Solutions, is notified, and we will notify the person requesting the transfer.
Should the applicable registry fail to approve the transfer based on the Current registrar's approval or non-response or deny the transfer based on the Current registrars denial, SRSplus will resubmit the transfer request to the registry.
Pending Transfer Status Messages Defined
Please note during the transfer process Functional Art Solutions may email you with one or more of the following status messages to let you know how the transfer is proceeding or if it has completed successfully:
- Pending SRSPlus Approval - Transfer request is submitted. SRSPlus must approve transfer request by checking current Registrant Administrative Contact e-mail address provided with WHOIS records
- Denied by SRSplus - Transfer request has been denied by SRSplus
- Pending E-mail to Current Owner - Transfer request has been approved by SRSplus.
- Pending Current Owner Approval - SRSplus has sent e-mail to current Registrant for approval of transfer request
- Denied by Current Registrant - Current Registrant has denied transfer request
- Pending Submission to Registry - Current Registrant has approved transfer request. Transfer request is waiting in queue to be submitted to registry.
- Pending Registry Approval - Transfer request has been sent to registry and is awaiting approval.
- Rejected - Transfer request has been rejected by the registry or SRSplus.
- Completed - Transfer request has been successfully completed.
This all sounds pretty complicated, doesn't it? Well it is complicated but for the most part you don't have to worry about all the details. The process usually goes pretty smooth and can take anywhere from 1 day to a week or more.